Pages

▼

Mar 24, 2014

My New Spring Apron - from old floral curtains, Repurpose!

My new Spring apron


My weekend project!

Aprons make my ♥heart smile.

They make me feel as though
I've stepped back in time to an
era of innocence & purity...

and considering I'm a really
messy cook might have factored 
in a bit too!



My New Spring Apron from old floral curtains!


I found these old floral curtains
in my material stash, I believe 
they hung in my daughter's room 
for a short time when she was little. 
(well before her, "everything need's to be black" phase!) 

Why not!  
I wasn't going shopping for some time 
and I wanted to make my apron now!
Floral, Spring...makes sense!

I used my current apron as a pattern,
cutting the fabric just a tad larger for
the seam allowance. 




I cut four strips of fabric,
folded the edges to the inside
and top-stitched.


apron strings!

I forgot how much fun sewing could be!


I cut my fabric, keeping the bottom hem
of the curtain as my bottom hem!

This apron came together in about 2 hours!
I won't win any sewing contests but I was
thrilled with the result!
I now feel fashionably equipped to make my
first spring-themed meal!

Bonus: with the sewing machine set out, 
my daughter is starting on her 2nd quilt now! 



I was inspired to make my apron 
when I saw the aprons Nana & Pam 
made @ 2 Creative Chicks!

thanks ladies!!
2 Creative Chicks
Challenge #12 - make an apron






Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

For more adventures on the Matter homestead, follow me! (:

also sharing @ Homestead Barn Hop, DL.Art. Busy Monday, Project Inspired 


11 comments:

  1. Oh Maria, I love it. Very pretty fabric for curtains but makes a beautiful spring apron. You will be cooking in style my friend. So thrilled to see join in the fun.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Apron I love, I love I love it. What a wonderful project and a great way to reuse recycle I am all for that.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beautiful!!! Love that it is recycled!!! Awesome idea!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful floral print apron!
    Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

    Have a creative day.
    Pam
    ♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
    ♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your apron and it reminds me that I too have some old curtains that could be used in this way. Now I just need to find time :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, this is SO seriously awesome, Maria! What a great way to recycle that old curtain panel! Looks fabulous....and I would say totally professional sewing job, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the apron, what a great idea for how to re purpose the curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this apron. I wear an apron every time I cook. Great recycle project too using the curtains. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! I need to sew me an apron. You make it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it whenever people come together and share opinions.

    Great website, continue the good work!

    Feel free to surf to my site :: burberry silk scarf sale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria