Oct 6, 2013

Simple Ombre Technique - Blue Skies

Wishing you blue skies!



I had a chance to play with some water & ink the other day; the result, an 'ombre-colored' card.

Supplies used:
watercolor paper
Tim Holtz Distress ink (salty ocean)
water spritz bottle
MemoryBox dies (puffy clouds)
Memento ink (black)
Joy's Life stamp set (Pun in the Sun)

I heavily inked the upper portion of my small piece of water-color paper with the distress ink, spritzed water over the entire piece and let the color run. I blotted the droplets at the bottom of the paper and used my heat gun for a quick dry.


The cloud dies were cut, the sentiment stamped and the ombre piece was attached with foam tape for dimension. I did sponge a little extra ink on the very top of the piece to add a bit more variation.  

Done.
(in 20 minutes)


Be sure to follow the Joy's Life team blog for more ombre inspiration all this week.


Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

I wrote this post while designing for Joy's Life.

10 comments:

  1. WOW - this is fabulous. What a great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design, Maria! Simple and brilliant! LOVE the ombre effect you created with the watercolor paper. And the clouds are just fabulous. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great technique and beautiful piece of art! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card! That stamp goes perfectly with this card!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous I love how you blended the skyline I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria