The simple joys of summer...
Why does seeing clean clothes on the line
gently blowing in the breeze bring me such joy?
Maybe it's because it transports my brain back to a
less complicated time and lifestyle that I so covet, at times,
in these busy, fast-paced days we live.
5 reasons to line dry your clothes
1. Fresh Air is Refreshing, for you and your clothes.
2. Conserves energy and saves money, no static cling,
no dryer sheets.
3. If left out too long, no wrinkles, no shrinking or set-in
stains. (thanks to your dryer)
4. Sunlight has a gentle, natural bleaching effect.
5. Clothes last longer; no heat to destroy elastic,
no lint or pills.
My handy dandy hubby put my clothesline on pulleys from our house to one of our outbuilding across the yard. It's high off the ground so kids, frisbees, lawnmowers and livestock won't get entangled in the clean laundry; it's a common practice used by our local Amish families.
Do you use an outdoor clothesline?