Aug 12, 2013

Zucchini Bread Gift Set - Joy's Life


It's Zucchini season!

This wonderful summer squash is rather prolific in our neck of the woods, though I can never have enough! We enjoy using it in many of our recipes, one of which is baking bread for our family & friends.




Here's a fun idea for a gift set.

I baked a few mini bread loaves, while they were cooling I cut out my kraft boxes using Carolyn's free template here (pdf). When the bread had cooled I gently wrapped them in wax paper to prevent sticking.



The bread boxes were a perfect fit. Next came the paper doily and baker's twine along with a faux-chalkboard tag for embellishing.

Joy's Life stamps
from the set TAG YOU'RE IT set one!

the tag
I cut a simple tag using black cardstock, stamped my Joy's Life sentiment with SU! white Craft ink then heat embossed it with Ranger's white embossing powder. To give it a chalkboard effect, I smudged SU! white Stampin' Pastels over the surface. 

Hubby made me a mini-size cutting board which I decorated with vinyl using my Cricut- Going Places cartridge. Just a little something extra for fun!



I'll be sharing a few favorite zucchini recipes soon including my super easy bread!

Do you enjoy using zucchini in your recipes?
Do you grow it in your garden?



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

I wrote this post while designing for Joy's Life.


I shared today's project with -

13 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful. 1. love you husbands mini cutting board!!! 2. This is such a fabulous idea for a gift! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how beautiful gift,
    love it Maria
    have a loveley new started week
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable little gift set - love, love, love the cutting board!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful packaging. I wish I had that in front of me right now -I would eat it-
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a great weekend my friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maria, how wonderful, your bread looks amazing and must be wonderful to be in receipt of a fabulous gift like this, amazing cutting board too, love and hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a darling gift set Maria! My hubby loves zucchini bread...my mom helps to provide the zucchini for it! :) Following along with you now on Feedly sweetie! Thanks for popping by! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOsh, this is just gorgeous, Maria! LOVE that little kraft goody box, and love how you've decorated it. Your chalkboard tag is just adorable. Totally LOVE hubby's breadboard, too! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous and yummy gift Maria!! Love the kraft box and the bread looks delish. Hope all is well!! Are you still homeschooling?

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for gift giving, our zucchinis are coming in too. I really love the bread board and the box is so pretty. Thanks for the idea.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling set! Love the decorated box and the breadboard is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest thing EVER! Love it, Maria!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria