Need a quick & easy Valentine's Day treat?
Here's a fun one, even the kids can make.
1. You'll need some cupcakes...buy some un-frosted from the store or bake your own.
2. Using a serrated knife, cut off the top of the cupcake.
3. Place the top on a hard, flat surface; cut a heart shape in the top using a cookie cutter
4. Place a dollop of fruit jam, preserves or pie filling in the center of the "topped" cupcake.
5. Gently place the top back onto the cupcake, pressing down gently to allow some of the
filling to ooze up into the heart cut out.
6. Sprinkle assembled cupcakes with confectioner's sugar.
I needed to add a little extra filling to some of the cupcakes to fill the hearts nicely.
Oh, and the little cut-out hearts make a fun treat too, or use them to decorate a larger cake.
favorite Valentine's Day treats
scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.