Oct 20, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies with soft centers - Printable Recipe


This is a most excellent recipe; 
chocolate chip cookies with crisp edges 
and soft, chewy middles that stay soft!




Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar, granulated 
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C.)
Cream together butter & sugars until smooth.
Beat in one egg at a time, then stir in vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water, add to batter.
Stir in salt, flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased pans;
makes 4 dozen.

Bake 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.

Posted by Maria Matter @Five Simple Things.
Recipe originally found at allrecipes.com 




In my photo, I substituted 1¾ cups of mini chocolate chips
because that's what I had on hand & I omitted the walnuts,
my DH is not a fan of nuts.

This is my new favorite cookie recipe,
I love that it stays soft. Enjoy.

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'



scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

2 comments:

  1. I love cookies & cupcakes!! shhh! That's my weakness!!
    I will omit the walnuts also. Not a big fan of it either!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria they look yummy may have to try this recipe mine are always so crispy but won't be omitting the nuts as they are the best part for me....thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria