Sep 22, 2013

My Journal with Burlap Pen Holder




Whether you call it a notebook, journal or a Smash book we all need a fun way to keep track of our thoughts, dreams, adventures, experiences and yes, even our paint swatches.


you're more powerful than you know!
kraft paper book cover, scrapbooking paper scraps, Zva Creative bling,
Stampin' Up bird stamp (Nature Walk), button, initial sticker, burlap, 

sewing machine, re-purposed book and Joy's Life sentiment stamp (My Hero)

Here's my latest version!

I have so much fun making these, and this one has 
an added bonus...a pen holder.
When I saw Close to my Heart 
consultant Tresa Black's burlap pen holder
on Pinterest, I just knew I had to make one! No more
digging around my purse for a writing implement.
Yes, I'm a homeschool mom & yes, I should always
be prepared to jot down exactly what my children are
doing so I can 'count' it as school-time. But honestly,
I rarely can find a pen or pencil in my purse or 
anywhere in my house for that matter.
 They magically disappear!

So I'm lovin' this idea!




I ran my Martha Stewart punched border through my Xyron machine to securely affix it to the spine of my journal. 


My burlap pen holder was created with a scrap pc. of burlap leftover from one of my fall wreaths. It's a continuous piece that overlaps in the front than folds down to create a pocket. 


Be sure to checkout the Joy's Life design team blog all this week for more rustic inspiration!

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

I wrote this post while designing for Joy's Life.

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Maria, love the burlap and double stamping that little bird! TFS and have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Creative and Fabulous!!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful my friend. Love how you used the burlap, very creative.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow, what a genius idea! Love, love, LOVE that burlap pen holder on this adorable journal, Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh Maria this is such an awesome Fall journal I love the burlap pen holder such a great idea!! I love it, love it, love it!!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I need to do this to remember all those random ideas that pop up at the most untimely moments! Love the pen holder!
    http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! I love your journal, and the burlap pen holder looks great with it. Very nice work! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous journal! I love how you made the pen holder!!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria