Sep 23, 2013

The Home Schooling Matters!


One of the reasons I've started this newer blog was to 'cross-over' from a craft-only format to a lifestyle blog. But old habits die hard. Although I've been posting crafts other than cards, I still haven't shared many articles about other areas of my life.

Our family homeschools!
And it's not just something we do, it's part of who we are. Homeschooling is a lifestyle.

We've homeschooled our four kids from the start and have really enjoyed the closeness it's brought to our family!



After 20 years of homeschooling four very different children, I've learned quite a bit and will be writing articles here & there to share some fun tips and great resources that have worked for us!

Stay tuned!

Be My Guest! 
If you're a homeschooling Mom and would like to share an article here at Five Simple Things, just let me know in a comment below and we'll talk!



Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. I admire the fact that you have home schooled! It is something I always dreamt of doing for my kids, but unfortunately never built up the courage. Will be good to read of your experiences though. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you Maria We home schooled our daughter until she was old enough to attend High School. At that point she wanted to go to school. Those were the best years of my life.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fabulous, Maria! I am a homeschooling mother as well! Can't wait to read the articles! My blog was intended for the same purpose; show a little crafting and schooling. :) I think I am still working up the courage to write about our homeschooling. I'll have to get out of my comfort zone some more!! :)
    Hope your day is Blessed!!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have homeschooled 12 years now and have awesome kids. 3 out of 6 left to go! It is a lifestyle and shows up as they are adults. Thankfully my kids have made good choices because we were always available to them. Sometimes I think the curriculum doesn't matter depending on the kid as some learn from other things in life. I think I have tried about 6 different vendors of curriculum and found that simple and to the point types work the best with my boys, humor goes a long ways. I enjoy having my kids around me every day and I just cannot see them wasting their creativity in a institution. That is not always possible for some families and it takes alot of patience to do this a stay committed. Making it your lifestyle is the key to making it work for the kids sake. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although my son did great in public school, I have considered homeschooling my daughter on and off over the years. I think what kept us from taking the plunge is that she truly hates the computer, and has difficulty reading, so a computer based learning style would be really difficult for her. But I'm really looking forward to hearing more on the subject from your journey, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a homeschooling mom. I switched over to a new blog recently too so that it encompasses more of my whole life. Hubs and I have five children - our two girls have already graduated and now I am hsing the boys- 16, 14 and 6. Maybe we could each guest post?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria