Sep 17, 2013

Wooden Leaves - Fall Decor

Time to decorate for autumn!




I've been wanting to include a few more autumn accents in my seasonal decorating throughout the house. When I saw these cute leaves, bingo! I knew I had to make some!

Hubby made me a few maple leaves cut from solid walnut scraps using Martha Stewart's template here



I found these beautiful rich tones in my K&K paper scraps (Que Sera Sera 2010).


Trace each leaf for a rough outline pattern to cut. It DOES NOT have to be perfect, you'll be sanding your edges.




Cut & glue down the paper all the way to the edges, smoothing out any air bubbles. (I used Aleene's Tacky Glue)

When the glue dries completely, sand off the excess paper around the edge with a sanding block or some heavy sandpaper.

  



I used my Joy's Life stamp set, It's All Fall Puns to add little greetings!  Be sure to stop by Joy's blog today, Joy's Life, to check out some great stamping inspiration @ the "It's All Fall Parade!"  




These will look so pretty scattered around the house on tables & windowsills.









Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Maria - these are absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous and your hubby is awesome to cut them too! TFS and have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! Now how cool are these??!! You are SO lucky to have such a handy husband, Maria! Love these to pieces! Such beautiful colors you used. They look uh-mazing! I am with you, it's time for some fall decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came out so beautiful Maria, What a great decoration for the home. Thanks for sharing this cool idea!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria