Sep 1, 2013

Record this Day file box - Recycle



"Tell me something awesome about today!"

That is a question I asked my kids 
at the end of every day when they
were young!

It opened the door to many wonderful
conversations and I was able to "see"
into the hearts of my precious little ones!

recycled cardboard box, Washi tape,
Echo Park papers (For the Record)
Joy's Life stamps (My Hero)


With school starting, this would be a great way to encourage your children to talk about their day with a positive attitude.

"Tell me something awesome about today."

Let them think for a minute, 'good thoughts,' then jot it down on an index card or let them write it out if they're old enough.  

(helping the teacher pass out papers, encouraging a friend, sitting beside a lonely child on the bus, etc.)


Date it (month, year) and file it under the number date (1-31). 
You'll be creating a beautiful memory file over the years!

Record a Day file box - divider cards

Using my paper scraps, I created divider cards with number stickers and my Joy's Life, My Hero stamp set; so many encouraging sentiments!



The file card box was made with a re-cycled beverage box!




I hope you enjoyed my little project.  Be sure to check out  
all the back to school projects posted daily on the Joy's Life



How do you encourage a positive attitude 
in your children?


Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

I wrote this post while designing for Joy's Life.



I shared today's project with -

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this, what a neat idea and love the reuse! Fabulous memory maker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design Maria such nice papers. have a great week, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding, project Maria, and I agree nothing better than talking to our young ones, at the end of their day, I am on my grandson's days now, thank you for sharing this project hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea. I will have to pass this on to my daughter. TFS!.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE your little project, Maria! So, so sweet and beautiful, and such a fabulous idea! I sure wish I had done something like this when my kiddos were wee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea and it looks great!!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria